Friday, June 11, 2010




Today was much better! I got a good nights sleep had plenty of coffee and right after work at 3 I drove straight there.The sun was vibrant today and glistened in the remaining puddles of yesterdays rain I couldn't wait to see what had happened inside the hive in just 24 hours.
And they continue to amaze me, There were spots that they had already welded the frames together with wax! They were so much friendlier and relaxed on a sunny warm day. When I opened the hive they crawled over every inch of the hive, buzzing around my head climbing over my fingers with their furry bodies. The foraging bees returning to the hive had sacs full of pollen on their hind legs, reminded me of yellow chaps. When I removed the first frame today it was covered in bees they all seemed to know their purpose, while some were burrowing their little bodies in the combs to tend to the brood, others were drawing out comb. I could pick out the drones right away, they are fat and dumb looking moving slowly and aimlessly around the hive. makes me giggle. Another great day!!

No comments:

Post a Comment